Skip navigation
Tracklib Licensing: Reporting Revenue
Tracklib TutorialAbout Tracklib

Tracklib Licensing: Reporting Revenue

We need to know how much revenue is generated from your new songs using Tracklib samples. That means you have to report any revenue for them. This is done twice each year: in January and July. When it’s time to do so, you'll get an email and a notification on the site. Just click the notification to reach the revenue page. Reporting is easy, so don't worry. Let us guide you through it:


When it’s time to report you have 30 days to report revenue for all of your songs, and if our royalty share of your revenue is more than the minimum $20 for all your songs combined, you also need to pay us that share. If you are below the minimum you still need to report to Tracklib, but you don't have to pay anything until your revenue is above the minimum.

For some of our songs (the more expensive Category A and Category B) the original licensing fee is a Recoupable Advance (think of it as a pre-payment). That means you don't have to pay us until our revenue share reaches that amount. Good to know: the category of a song is listed on each song.

  • TIP: If you release your songs on Distrokid (for now, only Distrokid) and add us as a team member - we get that revenue automatically and you do not have to report it.

Reporting Revenue

The revenue reporting page for each period contains a list of all your active songs. You need to go through all of them and report revenue for each one. Simply report your total revenue earned and Tracklib will calculate the money you potentially owe us.

Each active song that you own needs at least one reported revenue listed for you to click “No reported income”. After that, click Report Revenue and that's it–you're done!

Revenue Types


Revenue from digital sales (e.g. Spotify, Apple Music). If you’ve used Distrokid, that income should appear automatically. We want you to report the income that has been reported to your distributor, not what's been paid to your bank account.

General licensing

Revenue earned from specific licensing deals for your new song.

Neighboring rights

Neighboring rights are a form of copyright linked to commercially released recordings and generate revenue when a record is played on radio, TV or performed in public. You should report the full net revenue you have received for your song here. Neighboring rights revenue is not recoupable.


Net revenue you have generated when selling physical albums or singles, such as CDs or vinyl, after costs (e.g. pressing vinyl albums).


Net revenue your song has generated from synchronization (sync) of your song with any visual media output (film, television shows, advertisements, video games, website music, movie trailers, etc.). Synchronization revenue is not recoupable.


Any income that doesn't fit into any of the categories above.